The Kittens need you to craft for them and their soon-to-be new home – the Ken Hill Kitten Cabin.
Its Fall outside and Crafting for a great cause is Cool! Help us welcome the homeless kittens to their NEW kitten cabin.
What: Calling all beginner crafters to the most experienced to help us create snuggly blankets or snuggles (shaped cat beds) for the kennels, cat toys, and mini towels.
Craft along with us, as we countdown to the Kitten Cabin Grand Opening, and choose from our fun curated collection of knitting and crochet patterns to make for the kittens. Not a crocheter or knitter, no worries! We have easy-sew felt toy patterns and a no-sew blanket pattern we can share too.
Amazing progress has been made and the Kitten Cabin should be completed and we can have our Grand Opening sometime mid-November. There is still time to craft for the Kitten Cabin!
There will be Contests and Crafty Themed Prizes. Your finished items will be on display in the Ken Hill Kitten Cabin during the Grand Opening to welcome the kittens to their new home!
How to get started:
- You can join our private Facebook Group: Crafting for the Kittens and Kitten Cabin by going to http://www.facebook.com/groups/crafting4kittens . Or if you aren’t on Facebook, email email@example.com to join our email group. Where we share patterns and tips and all things Kitten Cabin progress!
- Use your own stash of supplies or shop Paulette’s selection of yarn, felt, and supplies.
- Craft Boxes put together from Rags & Wags are also available to help get you started. Three types of boxes will be available:
- You can make the donation using the button below and in the “write us a note” section let us know “Small Craft Box”, “Large Craft Box”, or “No-Stitching Box”. Your craft box will then be available for pickup within the next 2 – 3 days at Rags & Wags, 514 Main Street.
- Small Box includes: enough yarn for mini towels and toys. Toy stuffing, bells, and correctly sized knitting and/or crochet needles. And is available for a donation of $10.
- Large Box includes: yarn for a small blanket or kennel snuggle and cat toys. Toy stuffing, bells, and correctly sized knitting and/or crochet needles. And is available for a donation of $15.
- Or tell us if you want a no-stitching – no-sew option. Supplies for these boxes are more limited, but we will try our best to accommodate them. Available for a donation of $15.
Not only does your handcrafted donated item bring comfort and security to an orphan kitten, but your items brighten the kennels and make the kitties more adoptable.