Spring 2020 Newsletter
Lemhi County Humane Society will participate in Idaho Gives. Mark your calendars April 23rd – May 7th. With Rags & Wags closed we need operating funds to continue safely sheltering and rehoming stray and abandoned companion animals.
Thanks to You – Our accomplishments so far in 2020:
- Safely sheltered 129 animals
- Adopted 42 cats, 47dogs, and 2 pot-bellied pigs.
- Investigated 6 cruelty calls and complaints.
- Fostered 4 animals.
- Sterilized 21 shelter adoptable animals.
- Funded 93 community pet spays and neuters through voucher program.
- Reunited 33 pets with their owners.
Lemhi County Humane Society will participate in Idaho Gives starting April 23rd this year.
Idaho Gives is a statewide day of giving in Idaho, designed to bring the state together, raising money and awareness for Idaho nonprofits. In response to COVID-19, we have closed Rags and Wags, our primary source of income. Currently we are in need of operating funds to continue our mission at the Salmon Animal Shelter. At this point in time all our employees are still on the payroll and working to safely shelter and rehome abandoned and stray companion animals. But our coffers are being drained each and every day that we cannot operate our thrift store. Please consider a donation to the Lemhi County Humane Society. More info at salmonanimalshelter.com and our Idaho Gives page
- Check out our Facebook live chats “Bringing the Shelter to You” Thursdays at 1:00pm or catch it later in our feed. facebook.com/SalmonAnimal
- Cat and Kitten yoga is coming back to Oddfellows Hall this summer with yoga instructor extraordinaire Britnee Miller! – once it is safe to start. And stay tuned for more info on regular yoga sessions in Oddfellows.
- We now accept credit card payments! You can now buy your favorite Rags swag using credit as well as cash.
- Temporarily closed. The thrift store is closed until further notice in response toCOVID-19.We hope to see you again in the store as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Spring Fling – was planned for May 2 and may be postponed. Stay tuned to the Rags & Wags Facebook page for updates.
- 4th of July Event at Rags & Wags– 50% off in the entire store.
- Follow Rags & Wags on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lemhicountyhumanesociety/
This past December, we found a very special cat his forever home.
Dexter a 6-toed (also referred to as polydactyl), long-haired, orange tabby cat made his very long way from Salmon to Burlington, Vermont by airplane. Preparations for Dexter to fly contributed to his “long way” as there were several weather and health clearance related delays. Yet Dexter’s expectant family persevered in their wait. They grew up with a similar cat, one that was polydactyl, orange and long-haired. He was a major part of their lives, and they can now honor his memory with Dexter.
Not long after his arrival Dexter’s new family shared, “He is absolutely hilarious and we love him already!! Your description of his personality and even how much he loves to be scratched was spot on. Oh my gosh, I’m so excited he’s FINALLY HERE!!”